Active Leadership Course
The Active Leadership Award is designed to provide trained, knowledgeable and enthusiastic community based physical activity leaders to sports and physical activity session in a number of different settings. Successful participants will be equipped to work in a wide range of locations including local clubs, community groups, workplaces and community centres.
Trained leaders will be competent and confident in taking charge of a group for physical activity sessions. Specifically, the successful leader will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to plan, organise and lead physical activity sessions within their own group setting.
On completion, successful participants will be able to:
- Understand their role as a Physical Activity leader and how they will apply it within their organisation/club/school/community
- Plan and lead a fun physical activity session demonstrating leadership skills such as communication, observation and group management
- Be equipped to lead activity sessions in a wide range of locations including local clubs, community groups, workplaces, community centres and sports’ clubs
- Participants are required to be over 18 years in the Republic of Ireland
- The total course will be 10 to 12 hours comprising of practical and theoretical units
- What is Active Leadership?
- Leadership skills
- Safety and injury prevention
- Planning and organising
- Signposting – opportunities for further development and training
- Practical Activities - (Warm ups, Energisers, Main Activities, Cool Downs) (All Games based Activities)
The Active Leadership course costs €25 per participant (This includes all course material, manuals and workbooks)
How do I register?
If you are interested in attending this course, contact the Cork Sports Partnership office on 021 4347096 or email email@example.com