Beginners Kayaking Course Sherkin Island 2021
July 17 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am
|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on August 14, 2021 at 9:30 am
As part of the West Cork Islands Sports Hub and in conjuction with Kinsale Land & Sea Cork Sports Partnership is hosting two beginners kayaking course on Sherkin Island. Follwing the delivery of courses on Cape Clear and Bere Island members of the Sherkin Island community are keen to learn the basic skills of kayaking.
This course is ideal for anyone looking to gain the fundamental skills needed to kayak including:
- How to mount and dismount the sit on top correctly.
- Forward and reverse paddling and how to stop.
- Forward and reverse sweep stroke and how to turn while stationary.
- How to keep the boat in a straight line while maintaining speed.
- Righting the sit on top and how to mount from the water.