This one-hour workshop is for adults who train or coach young people aged 12-25 years in a wide range of sports. The workshop aims to build coaches’ understanding of mental health and the important role sport can play in promoting youth mental health.
As a result of this workshop, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of mental health
- Learn about the benefits of sports participation for youth mental health
- Gain an understanding of the importance of the role of One Good Adult for youth mental health
- Have a greater awareness about how to promote and support young people’s mental health
- Learn about their local Jigsaw Service.