Cork Sports Partnership have partnered with Sport Ireland Coaching to host an Online Physical Literacy Workshop which offers participants the chance to learn more about why physical activity is so important to children and how we can do more to encourage it.
The workshop brings together findings from national and international research that highlights the need to increase children’s levels of physical literacy as part of the long-term approach to increasing wellbeing and reducing levels of preventable disease.
- Importance of Physical Activity for Children
- What is meant by the physical literacy learning journey
- Rationale behind the physical literacy journey – ‘Road Map’ that can be used by anyone who guides children along their physical literacy learning journey
- How can one contribute to its development in the children and young people with whom they interact at home and in the community
- Organise safe, purposeful and meaningful physical activities for all children
- Date: Mon, 13th Nov
- Time: 6.30-9.30pm
- Register: https://eventmaster.ie/event/wkzpIPySRQ
- Please note: Participants must be 18 years of age
- Cost: €5 per person
- Certified: Sport Ireland Coaching Certified course
- Queries: Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org