Cork Sports Partnership and Triathlon Ireland are delighted to announce the return of the ever popular Primary Schools Aquathlon (Splash & Dash) events in Cork this May. The events introduces 5th and 6th class children from Cork primary schools to a new multi-sport event consisting of a 50m swim and a 400m run in a supportive environment.
- Date: Fri, 12th May 2023
- Venue: Douglas Pool
- Time: Between 10am-12pm (depending on time slot given)
- Register your interest through the online form on this page!
- Contact: James at email@example.com
- Cost: €10 per group of 10
- Register here: https://eventmaster.ie/event/L3QZCp3H76
What is the Splash & Dash Event?
Each participant will complete a 50m swim and a 400m run. Rules for the event are straightforward and easy to follow and revolve around race etiquette and the health and safety aspects of a swim followed by a run.
Full rules will be provided to schools upon entry to the event, along with an event programme and schedule.
How many pupils can take part?
- Schools are welcome to submit a minimum of 10 children per entry i.e (10 from 5th class and 10 from 6th class)
- Inclusion in this event is on a first come first served basis and will cost €10 per school group of 10
- Children should be able to complete the swim distance of 50m unaided (2 lengths)
Contact James Kirby in Cork Sports Partnership by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org