Step Into Summer
Special Schools and Disability Services Walking Challenge 2023
Cork Sports Partnership and Get Ireland Walking are delighted to announce a new ‘Step into Summer’ Cork Special Schools summer programme and Disability Services Walking Challenge 2023.
The challenge consists of 3 distance options and will begin on the 3rd July and will run until the 31st July 2023. Teachers and services are now invited to register their class/ group for free through the online form below.
What is involved?
- Teacher registers their class
- Deadline for Registration is Friday, June 30th
- Cork Sports Partnership emails out the challenges details, resources etc.
- Each school and Service will receive a Step into Summer Schools and Services Walking Challenge poster to track distance.
- Each teacher/leader submits the distance their class/groups completed after the challenge is over.
- Groups and classes begin their challenge of accumulating 10km/5km/2km between 3rd July and the 30th June.
- At the end of the challenge each group will be sent a gold, silver or bronze certificate depending on the distance your group completed.
- Gold distance: 10k
- Silver distance: 5k
- Bronze distance: 2k
To register your group or send queries email:
Deadline for Registration is Friday, 30th June