Youth Marathon Challenge is back for 2022!
Cork Sports Partnership & Cork City Council are delighted to announce the Virtual Cork City Marathon Youth Challenge for 2022. This virtual event is a team and individual event open to youth of all fitness levels. We are delighted to support young people across Cork city and county in getting involved in the virtual event for 2022.
What is the Cork City Marathon Youth Challenge 2022
This year, to coincide with the Cork City Marathon, we are encouraging young people to participate in a celebration of running across the week of May 30th to June 5th. With over 2,000 people already registered for the main event, we are looking for 2,000 young people to join us by signing up to the virtual youth challenge for 2022!
Complete a distance of your choice between the 30th May to 5th June:
- Full Marathon: 26miles/42k is roughly 6k a Day
- Half Marathon: 13miles/21k is roughly 3k a Day
- Relay Option: Clubs/Groups/Schools/Families have the option of completing either of the above using the Relay Format over one day if preferred
Who is it for?
- Youth Projects/Groups
Why register for the Youth Marathon Challenge 2022
- Distance Challenge Poster sent to those registered
- Support programmes available to groups, schools and individuals looking to prepare for the challenge
- Online Workshops with Special Guests!!! 11th May Live Q&A with Derval O’Rourke | 18th May Live Active Classroom Session with Louise Shanahan
- Fantastic Spot Prizes for Schools & Groups
- Weekly feedback & progress portal
- Register here: https://eventmaster.ie/event/Mvj6sbdiBz