As part of a range of measures to support the return to community sport and physical activity over the coming months, Cork Sports Partnership today announced a new small grant scheme for Cork clubs, groups and organisations.
The scheme is part of a support programme from the Government of Ireland, implemented through Sport Ireland and its network of Local Sports Partnerships to assist the sport and physical activity sector with returning to activity.
The scheme will provide eligible clubs, groups and organisations with access to funding of up to €1,500 to cover COVID-19 associated costs and restart activity for their respective members and the wider community.
Speaking about the scheme, Maurice O’ Sullivan, Sport and Marketing Manager with Cork Sports Partnership said ‘We are delighted to launch this community sport and physical activity small grant scheme today. Community sport and physical activity have a vital role to play in keeping our Cork communities active and healthy. We look forward to supporting as many clubs, groups and organisations throughout Cork as possible with getting back to activity through this scheme’.
Full details of the scheme and online applications form are available here >>>or through the apply button link below.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is 5 pm on Friday 8th April.
Who is eligible to apply?
- National Governing Body (NGB) affiliated Sports Clubs whose NGB is not running a COVID-19 support or return to sport scheme for their clubs. Please check with your NGB in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Community Sports Clubs providing specific wider community-based activity programmes will be considered as part of this scheme. e.g. a club hosting Men on the Move, Women on the Move, non-member activities/classes, older adults activities, social sport and inclusive activities etc.
- Community Groups providing opportunities for people in the community to get active. i.e. Active Retirement groups, Men’s Sheds, Family Resource Centres, Walking Groups, Scouts, Girl Guides, Youth Clubs etc.
- Non-commercial community-based facilities providing community sport and physical activity opportunities for the community.
- Disability sports clubs and organisations providing opportunities for people with disabilities to engage in sport and physical activity opportunities.
- Other non-commercial clubs, groups or organisation’s whose primary function is sport and physical activity.
Eligible project items can include:
- COVID-19 hygiene consumables (e.g. hand sanitizer, soap, face masks, gloves etc.)
- COVID-19 infrastructure costs (e.g. plexiglass screens, wall mounted dispensers, signage)
- COVID-19 related venue/equipment cleaning costs
- COVID-19 related staff/volunteer training costs
- Venue hire cost
- Purchase of small-scale sports equipment (e.g. balls, bibs, cones, poles etc.)
- Education for volunteers (including but not limited to Safeguarding, Sports First Aid, Coaching Children, Physical Literacy, Disability Awareness Training, Disability Inclusion Training, Autism in Sport, Sports Specific Training)
- Activity specific resources for programme delivery (tutors, equipment, manuals etc.)
How to Apply
The Community Sport and Physical Activity Small Grant Scheme application form should be completed online by an authorised club/group/organisation. Please ensure you read the grant guidelines and eligibility criteria in full before applying. Please click on the button below to find out more and to apply.
Please complete the application form in full and ensure that any documentation in support of your application is submitted with your application.
PLEASE NOTE: LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.