Men’s Health Week 2022 – FREE Health Screening
Men’s Health Week (MHW) 2022 takes place between Monday June 13th and Sunday June 19th. MHW gives everyone (health professionals, service providers, sporting bodies, community groups, employers, policymakers, the media, churches, and individuals) an opportunity to encourage men and boys to take better care of their health and to seek help or treatment at an early stage. The overall aim of Men’s Health Week is to:
- Heighten awareness of preventable health problems for males of all ages.
- Support men and boys to engage in healthier lifestyle choices/activities.
- Encourage the early detection and treatment of health difficulties in males.
As part of Men’s Health Week, Cork Sports Partnership is teaming up with the HSE Health Promotion and Improvement team and a number of pilot sites locally (including the Healthy Club initiative) to run a number of Health Screening Sessions for Men:
- Blarney GAA Healthy Club – Tuesday June 14th- Download poster >>Mens Health Week 2022 Blarney GAA<<
- St Marys GAA Club Enniskeane – Thursday June 16th – Download poster>>Mens Health Week 2022 St Marys GAA Club<<
- Mayfield Healthy Club – Wednesday June 15th – Download poster >>Mens Health Week 2022 Mayfield GAA<<
- Cloughduv Healthy Club – Saturday June 18th – Download poster >>Mens Health Week 2022 Cloughduv GAA
The event is targeting adult men who are looking to improve their physical health & wellbeing and would be interested in maybe taking part in a Men on the Move programme thereafter. The health screening sessions will include: Blood Pressure, BMI, Quick Fitness Test, Health Screen & much more! To book a place please follow the link below.
Men on the Move Expression of Interest
Over the coming months, CSP will be working with a number of clubs throughout Cork City and County to develop new Men on the Move groups to support men of all ages and abilities in the community with getting active. If you would like your club considered for subsequent phases of the programme rollout, please fill out the form below.